Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mother's Day 2016


May 8th, Mother's Day 2016, marks half a year to the day that we brought our son home and just shy of three years since our daughter came home.

We made an impromptu grocery trip to Trader Joe's the day before and Joshua whispered to Sophia to say "Happy Mother's Day" and to tell me to pick out some flowers. I was struggling with which ones to choose (the Hyacinths smelled so good, but the tulips were $3.99 vs. $4.99 for the former), when my husband suggested with a mischievous grin that I get them both.

I continued to wrestle with whether we should really bring home what seemed like an excess of flowers (but still put them both in my cart of course). As we made our way through the aisles,Baby J kept flashing me the smiles that completely melt my heart. When we got to the checkout, Sophia asked the cashier if she could have some stickers and then immediately put them in her pocket and said to me, "I'm saving these for Mother's Day tomorrow and then I am going to give them all to you".

I am gratefully enjoying the two plants back at home, but even more so the two children they represent, that I am so privileged to Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little J-Man Turns 5!

Dear J-Man, Happy 5th Birthday! Does this make you a BIG kid?  You love bouncing off the  walls, just like your favorite superhero, Spider-M...