Saturday, April 9, 2022

Baby boy J turns 3!



Dear Little J-man,

During your second year of life your language has blossomed, and I love when you run into a room to alert me of something that you are able to do. “Dada I am reading!” or “Dada I am running!”

You rarely walk, you are either running or marching. You have surprised me with your love of singing—most often Paw Patrol or Jesus loves me recently. 

You love your sister fiercely, even as you often want to bump into her, take her toy, or wrestle her whenever possible. When she is not around, you ask repeatedly where she is. 

You don’t love nicknames, as you often give me a confused look and correct me by saying, “no dada, I am J_____.” 

You love making a mess outside or on the table, but want to use a napkin to wipe your mouth or hands between bites of food.

You love to grab a book and ask someone to read it with you, especially if it is about trains, dinosaurs, or paw patrol. Or we will often catch you in the living room flipping through a book by yourself.

You love to tell people you love them, and welcome any chance for a hug or to be tickled. You often will come into the kitchen to just check in and say “I love my family.”

We love your many old man sayings that you declare in very deliberate language, like “actually I changed my mind" or “Thank you for saying sorry.” Also how you can be very present in the moment, for example when you asked your mother to get a potted plant down at the grocery store so that you could smell the flowers and then breathed in deeply, two days before a blizzard when everyone else around us was running around.


We also like your funny two year-isms when you combine words like salsa and ketchup and call salsa "salsup" or "Mama, be smiling at me," while you are trying to get out of being disciplined.

My prayer for you this year is you will keep finding new and creative ways to show those around you how much you love them, but figure out ways that don’t result in so many other little people, or yourself, on the ground.

Love,

Dada




No comments:

Post a Comment

Little J-Man Turns 5!

Dear J-Man, Happy 5th Birthday! Does this make you a BIG kid?  You love bouncing off the  walls, just like your favorite superhero, Spider-M...