Sunday, September 24, 2017

Surprised by Wonder


When our home was added to the emergency foster care placement list,
I expected the bickering over toys that came when we had two four-year-olds, or over my lap when we had two almost two-year-olds. 

What has surprised me is the wonder.

I will be brushing my teeth or driving to work and find myself wondering about those who came and left our home. 

I wonder if he is having a good day (or moment)or if wherever she is makes sure she has her bear with her when she goes to bed. I wonder if they know how much she likes blueberries. And when each child is picked up from us, I include a note with details about such things as bears and blueberries. 

I catch myself wondering, even though I will never know the outcomes. 

I wonder about outcomes over which I have no control; I'm not even a character in those chapters of these children's lives.

It has been messy and beautiful and well worth the wondering.   

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful to watch from afar as your family responds to the deep calling you have for this endeavor.

    ReplyDelete

Little J-Man Turns 5!

Dear J-Man, Happy 5th Birthday! Does this make you a BIG kid?  You love bouncing off the  walls, just like your favorite superhero, Spider-M...