Sunday, February 25, 2018

Chinese New Year


You arrived at our home on the first morning of the Chinese New Year, speaking Mandarin.


You played purposefully, exclaiming to dolls in a language we couldn't understand. 


When it was time to sleep, I rocked you in the dark and thought about how, though you would not remember me, we were forever a part of each other's story. 

It was where I wanted to be and those moments will always belong to you in my heart. 


For other moments, I had help. 
When you were crying, my daughter said, "Its ok, you don't have to cry, for right now you are a part of our family, because you are with us". While the four of us walked to the playground, she remarked how good it was that there were two big helpers (she and I) for the two babies. When we arrived, she suggested  instructed that I "keep watch on" her brother and that she would "keep watch on" you.
You helped her too. 
You taught her about shared responsibility and that love is not restricted to DNA, or language, or any other confines, it is so much greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little J-Man Turns 5!

Dear J-Man, Happy 5th Birthday! Does this make you a BIG kid?  You love bouncing off the  walls, just like your favorite superhero, Spider-M...