Sunday, February 16, 2020

Valentine's Day 2020


This is what going out for Valentine's Day looked like in our current season of life.
Half of the orders consisted of cookie monster and cotton candy with rainbow sprinkles.
I was looking forward to it all day because I was excited to surprise them and to avoid a crowded restaurant while also wearing my pajamas.
Every season won't look like this one, but it sure is a good one.

Joshua knew I would prefer a dark chocolate bar wrapped in printer paper with his own words, instead of a Hallmark card printed with someone else's.

Sophia knew the valentine I would want the most is "a double hug and kiss".

Jason knew when I told him, "I love your beautiful brown eyes", it would be nice to give an original compliment back, specifically, "Mama, I love all of your teeth".

And somehow both of the ten month olds knew that baby snuggles and gummy grins are one of the best ways to show love.

This year, we celebrated all kinds of love.

 

And I am so thankful for all this love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little J-Man Turns 5!

Dear J-Man, Happy 5th Birthday! Does this make you a BIG kid?  You love bouncing off the  walls, just like your favorite superhero, Spider-M...