Sunday, March 1, 2020

Nada


This Christmas I had the opportunity to introduce our infant twins to Nada.
I first met her as a fifteen year old intern at the social service agency where she was the secretary.
I was sheltered yet certain that I wanted to be a social worker.
Her life has been the hardest I have known, and yet she is the one who continues to love the fiercest.


She calls my babies, her babies, my Mom, "Mom", and me "MyLiz". 
After she prays for you, you are convinced of God's goodness and less concerned about outcomes.
She has taught me to love when wounds are still fresh. 



My babies/her babies have inherited one of the best cheerleaders.
And I am so thankful that we are hers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Little J-Man Turns 5!

Dear J-Man, Happy 5th Birthday! Does this make you a BIG kid?  You love bouncing off the  walls, just like your favorite superhero, Spider-M...